I am a software developer and cat enthusiast from The Netherlands. My primary programming languages are Ruby, Rust and at times C. I am currently employed by GitLab as a Staff Developer. I am currently not interested in any job offers.
My GPG public key is EB691AC9 registered using Email address email@example.com. Other keys registered on my name are no longer in use.
Free And Open Source Software
Some of the FOSS projects I work on (or have worked on in the past) include (but are not limited to):
- Inko: a gradually typed, object-oriented programming language focusing on concurrency and safety; inspired by Ruby, Smalltalk, Erlang and Rust.
- Oga: an XML/HTML parser for Ruby with XPath and CSS support.
- ruby-ll: an LL(1) parser generator for Ruby.
- ruby-lint: a static code analysis tool for Ruby, capable of detecting undefined methods, incorrect type usage, etc.
- Rubinius: an implementation of the Ruby programming language.
- rubysl: Ruby standard library for Rubinius, most notably rubysl-socket which is a pure Ruby implementation of the Ruby Socket standard library.
- OpeNER: natural language processing framework for 6 different languages.
- Ramaze: a simple, light and modular open-source web application framework written in Ruby.
- Pry: a popular REPL for Ruby.
- Deciding when to collect garbage
- Not beating C with 96 lines of Inko
- Writing a self-hosting compiler for Inko
- Inko: a brief introduction
- Compiling XPath to Ruby
- Hello, GitLab!
- Oga 1.0 Released
- Oga: a new XML/HTML parser for Ruby
- Hacking extconf.rb
- Contributing To My Code
- Debugging With Pry
- Use BCrypt Fool!